Welcome back to both of us!(From now on, I will call my virtual visitors “kittyzens” as a combined term of kitty because of my blog name pinkkittymom and netizens like you know, internet citizens.
It’s been a long time ago since I posted my last article and now I’m back with fresh (if this is something new to your ears) and juicy (lot’s of gems here for beginners) content that I’m sure will be helpful to one or two of my kittyzens to make money online.
It’s been hella crazy of 2 years since my last post (2018). Lot of things happened in my life and I will be posting those in my next blogs to keep you updated and share my experiences. But for now, let’s talk about making extra bucks while we are on a #stayathome mode.
So as I was searching how to make money online without any capital to spend, I stumble in several youtube videos and web articles that landed me to this wonderful program of amazon: MERCH MY AMAZON.
To get started, just look for the button that says “Request Invitation”. (You can click the image above to go there directly)
Application will be in an essay form. No attachment or anything fancy. It’s like applying for college but it has limited characters. I forgot the exact word count and I didn’t save what I wrote. Sorry, my bad. But I will give you my advice and the gist of my application.
Everyone is welcome to apply but not everyone is lucky to get accepted. So here is what I did to get approved and other tips from other people who was accepted.
SIMPLE TIPS TO GET APPROVED FOR MERCH BY AMAZON
- You are already a seller. Going to amazon as another way to showcase your product will be a win-win situation for you and amazon. I think this is the number 1tip I can recommend.
- You have your own website. This is the reason why I get approved for as fast as 4 days. Some say they waited for weeks and even for 6 months. The main purpose of Amazon having this program is for them to broaden their reach of customers and having your connection online will drive more sales for them.
- You have a really good amount of following from your social media. Even though you don’t have your own website, a thousand followers or more in your facebook or instagram would help a lot. Especially if you are an influencer or a youtuber who wants to make merchandise for your followers.
- You are an artist. Let’s say you don’t have number 1 and 2 but you are a painter or a photographer. Aside from a good online base, designing is also important for Amazon. Making realiable and quality designs would give you a boost to be approved.
- You have a strong will for your passion. I’m not a professional artist but I have very good ideas that I can give the customers. Like being a voice to my fellow mothers and through merchandise, I can put that on a statement.
In my case, I used number 2 and 5. In my letter, I introduced myself and give a little background about me then everything follows. Make it short and simple. These are not the exact words but something similar to what I wrote.
Hi. I’m Tala Valerio, I’m a blogger and a mother of 2. My blogsite is pinkkittymom.com. Being a mother is such a struggle but fulfilling too. I put up my own blog when I became a first time mother to share my experiences to new mothers like me and now that I got another one, it ignites my passion more. I want be a voice to all mothers out there and your program is a great opportunity for me to showcase the struggles and experiences of a mother through statement shirts that I am sure a lot of us in the world can relate to.
After submitting it, next you will be finishing your demographics like your name, address and the like. Make sure to put real and true information. Remember that Amazon is a real thing (you know what I mean). There is a section that says business name. If you are just doing it by yourself, then put a screen name for your merchandise but I highly suggest not your own name. This is what you see in every item in Amazon that says, “SOLD BY (your store name)”.
Then your Payment & Banking, where the money goes in once you make a sale and your Tax Information.
For putting on your bank information, I recommend to use a savings account or at least a separate bank account so that you can separate your earnings from your personal money. But still, it’s up to you.
For the last part, Amazon will give you W-2 at the end of the year for filling your taxes. This is a legal business so take it seriously.
There, you’re done! Now, sit back and relax and wait for your approval.
On my next post, I will be showing you my first product. The actual look and my review. Also the dos and don’ts on designing, and everything inside Merch on Amazon. So be sure to subscribe on my newsletter or follow me on my social medias.
P.S. For now, Amazon stop producing Merch for Amazon due to coronavirus pandemic making non essential items on delays and prioritizing essential products. But they will be back on operation on April. I’ll keep you posted.