It’s #Summer2018 again! A bikini-ready body is not complete without a new hairstyle (just like Janine Gutierrez’s new look, I’m envious!). If you got resources (money and time) to fund your summer hair, then go to salon for a quick hassle-free fix. But if you don’t have enough, then this list will definitely help you achieve that #HairGoals2018!
View this post on Instagram
Our digital cover is here! 💥⚡️🔥 Get it now on Buqo! Experience the fashionable life with a bold, fun and refreshingly different Preview. Janine Gutierrez welcomes you to a technicolor summer for our very first color issue. Inside: We show you fashion and beauty's new favorite hues; meet our girl crushes Aira Medina and Erika Reyes; and revel in the local music scene’s vibrant beat. #JanineLovesPreview Photographed by Charisma Lico Styled by Daryl Chang Art direction by Vince Uy Makeup by Omar Ermita for MAC Cosmetics Hair by Ethan David Shot on location at Virgin Beach Resort, Laiya, Batangas Janine is wearing a swimsuit by Avel Bacudio
1. Using mobile App
My favorite! Either you are afraid to dye your hair or colors are not allowed in your work or even at home (strict parents, LOL! Mine too) but you are dying to try that unicorn hair color, then this one is the perfect must-try for you!
Makeup Plus is a versatile mobile app in terms of beauty fix; from instant make up selfies, buying on-trend make up products to their unique feature of hair dye. You can totally change your hair color in a snap. It can also help you decide which hair color fits you before making it into reality. What’s the best part? It’s FREE!
AFTER (Using FROZEN filter)
View this post on Instagram
It's me, Crystal, the third sibling in Frozen.❄❄❄ Cheret lang! Ikaw naman. HAHA 😂😂😂 Not real me though. Check out my new blog post on how to achieve your #hairgoals 2018 this summer by changing hair color without going to salon! (Link in bio) #divatress #beauty #ad #haircolor #pink #clozette
2. DIY Hair coloring
If you are experimental and willing to wait, DIY hair coloring is a choice you could make, plus it’s the cheapest. The only thing you have to consider here is that you must know the proper amount of mixture and the waiting time to achieve the color you want. It’s a little bit tricky but the result is fun! Just don’t forget to apply Keratin treatment afterwards especially if you’ll going to do bleaching because it dries hair.
This is actually what they do in salon. But of course with the word Do-it-yourself, you must learn the art of hair coloring and the right products to use for your hair to prevent damage. TIP: Don’t overdo bleaching, please.
Here’s a guide you could follow (Click Image)
3. Ready to Use Hair Coloring
From L’oreal to Revlon, and Liese to Lolane, these are easy-to-access and ready-to-use hair dyes. They can be conveniently bought in drugstores and supermarkets just add extra penny compared to DIY hair coloring but everything is provided.
TIP: To achieve the color labeled in the packaging, you must bleach your hair first. (You could also follow how from #2) But if you are afraid to do so, then be satisfied with darker version (if you have dark hair).
Here’s my Lolane Hair Dye experience (Click Image)
4. Using Wigs
This one is for the brave hearts! I never tried using wigs but I absolutely want to have a GO for this! I think it’s fun and sort of permanent (in terms of color because hair dying needs maintenance) among all. Advantages are: first, you don’t have to put whatever hair products in your hair that could damage it; second, you still can keep your original hair if you don’t want it to be touched or changed; and third, evenly-colored hair at your fingertips and variety of gorgeous hairs to choose from!
The new trend in wigs now is what they call “crochet hair” . From the name itself, the technique is derived from crocheting the wig to your real hair by first, doing a cornrow braid. The cornrow braid or “crochet braids” will serve as the base where in the synthetic crochet hair wig will be attached using a crochet needle. It’s a brilliant idea, right? Because this one is more durable method. And the prices are reasonable.
In addition, it can take a fraction of the time to install crochet braid hair compared to actually braiding or twisting all of your hair in the same style. There are tons of choices in styles, from pre-braided and twisted styles such as Box Braids, to wavy and curly styles like Deep Twist and Water Wave. And with so much variety in colors, you’re bound to find that perfect shade for you.
The most common crochet braid nowadays is the crochet senegalese twist because of its benefit. According to Natural Hair Rules website, “Senegalese Twists, or “rope twists” are one of the many protective styles for Afro-textured hair. Wearing protective styles help promote healthy hair growth while protecting your own hair from damage that could result from the environment, over manipulation, heat styling and daily styling habits.”
Here are my top 3 favorites from Divatress that I want to try ^_____^
1. Isis Collection Senegalese Bundle Braids – Rope Twist
2. Sensationnel African Collection Braids – Sweet Wave 12
3. FreeTress Braids – 2x Braid 101 28″
I feel so much #GirlPower on those hairs!
Millineal hairstyle: Short, blonde with bangs plus climate change. I need a haircut and a dye! With several searches on Google for a target, I want a cut like this …
..and a haircolor like this. Maybe, the bangs will come sooner or later.
This will cost me like Php 3,000 or maybe more if I’ll let a salon do all the job. But that kind of digit is not included in our budget (#familylife ) so I decided to just go for the haircut and I’ll do the rest. Do-it-yourself hair dye time!
With these materials I bought in Divisoria, they only cost Php 280. See a big difference of just hundreds from thousands. But of course, you need effort for mixing, applying and all that stuff to fill in the money you saved.
- Prepare the basic materials. I just used what was available around because I’ll just throw them afterwards anyways. Bowl and spoon for mixing (empty plastic bottle and old plastic spoon), hair color applicator brush (bought it for only Php 60 at Pandayan bookshop, then gloves (can be just plastic bag, haha! Thrift at its finest), and old clothing as a cover for your body. Also, hair clips in dividing your hair.
- Mix the oxidizing milk developer and bleaching powder. According to the seller, I just have to mix 6 spoons of developer to 5 spoons of powder. But it was not enough so I doubled it, 11:10. He said that it is better to have more developer than the powder due to its coarse effect on hair. It is better to go enough and just add them when you need more rather than overdo it.
- Apply the mixture and wait for 30 minutes or more. The 11:10 ratio is the fair amount for my medium length hair, but if you have longer hair then double it again. I started applying from the bottom part of my head, roots to ends. You can do your own technique, whatever works for you. So for the first application, the seller said I’m going to wait for 30 minutes but if you want stronger color, then make it 1 hour which I did. The first application resulted to a rusty color so I have to apply again to achieve a more bleach hair. It took me 3 applications before I achieved my desired blonde color.
- Rinse with Keratin hair spa. Every after application, rinse hair with tap water then condition it with hair spa that contains keratin and/or argan oil. Every after apply-wait-rinse method, I let it settled in my hair for 1 day or more so the 3 applications took me a week before I went “ash”. Believe it or not, bleached hair are dry coarse hair at most but with the keratin hair spa, it was so soft like virgin hair. Swear! 2 spoons is enough, at least for my hair length.
- Apply the color cream. So after days of several bleaching, I needed a help to apply the color cream to make an evenly applied “ash blonde” color. Same process of #3 and #4. I only consumed 1 tube, by the way. Double or triple if you got longer hair.
Result!!!WHAT CAN YOU SAY?
Eyelashes extension are now all over the place due to women of 21st century who want more drama in their life. But if you are kinda skeptical of having someone to touch the ends of your eye hairs, then fake lashes are the answer. There are 2 types of most common ly used lashes which are synthetic and mink. Ever wonder what’s the differences between them or which is better. Let’s find out.
What is synthetic lashes?
- Synthetic lashes, also known as acylic lashes, are generally the term used to describe thicker lashes (0.20mm thickness and above)…~tokyolashes.com
- The most common false eyelashes on the market are made from synthetic materials, typically plastic fibres, which look quite unnatural, as they are thicker than the typical human lashes, and also have stubbier ends. ! ~ esqido.com
- Synthetic Eyelash Extensions are made with Polybutylene terephthalate (PBT) which is a synthetic semi-crystalline engineered thermoplastic with similar properties and composition to polyethylene terephthalate (PET). It is part of the polyester group… ~ www.the_lash_shop.com
What is mink lashes?
Let us start with the root word, “mink”. Minks are actually animals that resembles the look of a cat and a mouse in combination (in my opinion). They have glossy and shiny fur that is why high-end clothing lines utilized them, and also, innovating the makeup world for eyelashes. But since a lot of products now should follow certain guidelines to protect species other than mankind, they have this “cruelty free” labels on them which means no animal is killed or harmed. In line with this, some manufacturers use to make a synthetic mink eyelashes avoiding the killing side, but others just harvest fur from numerous animals with their own methods without any harm implied.
- Genuine mink lashes are, however, the utmost in luxury. They are harvested from live animals through a gentle brushing process and are always more expensive than synthetic offerings. ~minkilashes.com
- Mink Lashes are the new craze. If you’re going for that 100% natural look, this is the best you can get. Most people love Mink because they look so natural and give them full, fluffy eyelashes. ~sakurabeauty.net
If you are after cheap finds, then Synthetic would best suit your budget but if you got a little more penny, I would say go for Mink. Aside from it looks natural, it will really make your eyes more beautiful and big. Pop it girl!
Who’s getting old? Not me! I mean yes, me! I just turned 24 last August and I feel like the “need” to take a selfie? Hehe Everyone wants to look pretty on their birthdays especially if you’re already a mother and people judge you as you age. Well, ladies all across the world, let’s take a perfect selfie. And here are 5 must-haves to have that!
- CAMERA. Use the back camera of your smartphone because it will give the real details. Front camera mostly give blur and fake features of your face so let’s go natural. Unless, it’s a selfie camera with enhanced function.
- NATURAL LIGHT. Not flourescent, not flashlight but nature’s sunlight~ the perfect light…always. Go outside or in your window to get that illumination to strike in your face.
- MONOTONOUS BACKGROUND. Why? Because it will give all the spotlight to your face…and brighten ups too! Also, make sure there are no photobombers either people or thing like your rug or empty can. You know what I mean.
- PERFECT ANGLE. Find your “beauty side”. It could be the left side of your face or the whole, it doesn’t matter as long as you feel gorgeous on that particular pose, then work it!
- RIGHT APP. When I say perfect, you must have all the tools. So installing an app would give you that “pak ganern” selfie and I really like this FotoRus which is an all-in-one photo editor.I super love it because I don’t need to install separate apps just for editing my photos in different aspects! I can do every single thing that I want from filters to stickers. But ladies, DO NOT OVERDO!
Just go to your Playstore and look for this icon:
And you’ll see this in its home page:
My favorites are the ones in the box. Collage, Sticker, Beauty and Paintlab. And I am sure, you’ll love them too!
Here’s how it works.
I use this all the time. I don’t need aa adobe photoshop expert’s skills. Just few clicks and tada! You can use filters in each photos and it got tons of pre-made templates for your mode.
Either a photo
or a video,
this is so pretty awesome. You don’t even need a snapchat for this.
This is basically every girls are looking for. It does a lot of touch ups and an instant make up for those who doesn’t know how to apply, forgot to, or has a crappy light (but still needs to look gorgeous).
It can also enhances your make up especially your skin.
This is one of its new features and it is amazeballs! Haha you got a painter at the tip of your hands. It’s magic.
Following all the 5 must-haves, here’s my instafamous perfect selfie! I just used the sticker to put drama and a filter from IG. Be real and natural, that is the essence of selfie!
Follow me on IG. @pinkkittymom