There’s something new in the city! A dessert buffet that I’ve never been to. I’ve been eyeing for it since I saw them on Facebook because they only have branches in Pampanga, so when they finally had their Tarlac branch, I invited my friend, Lybnoz, to meet there after long years of not seing each other.
It only costs Php 199, and you can indulge yourself to unlimited sweets, more on cakes but they also have other merienda foods like pasta, chips and more. But basically, it’s more on snacks. Kids whose heights are 3 ft below are FREE and above up to 4ft have to pay Php 100.
Watch what you can have with the price:
I’m giving it a 5 because of the bright ambiance, enough space plus it’s kinda instagrammable which is very important to us #millineals. It’s clean and doesn’t have a smelly odor, at least.
I’m kinda disappointed because I set a high standards due to the pictures I see in there social medias. First food I picked was the nachos which I thought was a good one but it was just Mr. Chips, I was really dismayed. And the soft served ice cream was not available, viand and rice also. Fresh vegetables was so dry, almost everything are half consumed.
Good thing they have pastas, ergh! Savior! Haha At least they’ve got 3 types which are good enough to start before indulging to sweets. I would only give 3/5 for the food, but sticking to the restaurant’s brand which is more on desserts, I’ll give it a chance of 4 since they are heavily flooded with it.
The bad thing we did was spent our lunch there which I highly discouraged you to do so. Why? Learn from our mistake. First, it’s a dessert buffet. Expect a hyperglycemia effect or in tagalog, “mahihilo ka sa dami ng matamis na kinain mo” Hahahaha! So what I recommend is for you to eat your main dish before going there and save your last appetite for Sweet Safari. Second, never come in lunch or make it your main food course because you’ll be disappointed as we are. The best time to come there is as soon as it opens which is by 10am; you’ll get them freshly served. Third, if you’ll just want a snack or just hang out and chill, I guess that’s the nicest reason to come to Sweet Safari. And also, you get what you pay for. Affordability and convenience.
Sweet Tooth Spoiled! Had our sweetest moment together after more than 3 years of not seeing each other. Labiaaaa!!!😘❤ @lybnoz But of course, who will enjoy sweet the most? VEON! #TryMeTuesday at #SweetSafari For our dining experience, Please watch it in my YT channel. It's up now😊 Link: https://youtu.be/aZ548W47hsE
This is a little bit about the food and service. So as we headed to get our food away from our table, we got a plate on our table with hotdog and nuggets as we come back. Obviously, it is for the kid which I’m sure he’ll like it, so that made me happy. But what I am not pleased of, is that they just drop the plate without any interaction to the client which is a BIG NO NO NO and another NO NO NO. Whenever you serve the client or whatever you give them, you should always have a good connection to them and I hope they would have to improve on that part.
All in all, we had a fair enough experience and unfortunately, their Tarlac branch is already closed but they still have their Pampanga’s branches and also they have new menu which I hope I could give it another try, maybe this time they’re better.
Visit their Facebook page here.
Part 1: #Foodtrip in Pangasinan!
Part 2: Two-DAY-Ten-DESTINATION Ilocos Sur Trip
Part 3: FUN TIME in Subic and Baguio!
Part 4: My First Styling Job (Cheret, Haha)
ALL ABOUT KIDZ CITY
This indoor playground was opened in 2015, and is operated by the same company that runs several big indoor playgrounds in Metro Manila, including the huge Cosmic Kidz at Mall of Asia. It has two floors of play area. The equipment is well padded and maintained, and seems to share a theme of transport vehicles, and not just climbing structures, making the place a little more unique and interesting. It is suitable for kids at or above 3 years old, and maybe some kids up to 10 years old still find it fun.
Source: The Fort City
- Half Hour: 200php
- One Hour: 280php
- Unlimited: 480php
- Adult Pass: 120php
LOCATION: Indoor Play and Party area at SM Aura, Basement 1, South Entrance
OUR OWN EXPERIENCE
It was 5am when we started our travel from Pangasinan to Manila. Along the way, I was online searching for indoor playground near BGC since it is our fave tambayan. We’ve already been to Kidzoona (an indoor playground too), so I’m looking for another place to play with Veon (#mommode).
Then tada! #millinealmom
Shown above, obviously it’s sold out but try to sign up for waiting list to be notified (just click the image above). Metrodeal has been my go-to online shop for services shopping like restaurants, spa and salon, and even tourist attractions.
I got the unlimited play for only P199 instead of P480; perks of being a techy mom =) So paid on same day and time, I got the voucher then I just printed it out.
MOM TIP: Buy ahead of time if you are not in a hurry and print it at home or where there’s a cheap printing shop because as far as I can remember, I paid 20 pesos just for 1-page-colored-print! Sorry, #tipidmom.
Here’s our Playtime!
KIDZOOONA vs KIDZ CITY
Just like in Kidzooona, you have to take off your shoes as you go inside but you’ll go through picture taking (child and adult). Unlike in Kidzoona, you’ll just sign a waiver, which I think in Kidz City is better because there is really a face recognition and safer.
Also, they have 2 levels in Kidz City; 1st floor is for small and big toys and 2nd floor is for pretend plays. Unlike in Kidzoona, it is just a huge 1-floor playground but I like that because it is more spacious.
The good thing is that they both offer party reservations which is the new trend in cities. Old style birthday parties be like at home or restaurants, but now they focus more on play. At least, it is more fun but pricey!
They also offer these workshops.
It’s #Summer2018 again! A bikini-ready body is not complete without a new hairstyle (just like Janine Gutierrez’s new look, I’m envious!). If you got resources (money and time) to fund your summer hair, then go to salon for a quick hassle-free fix. But if you don’t have enough, then this list will definitely help you achieve that #HairGoals2018!
Our digital cover is here! 💥⚡️🔥 Get it now on Buqo! Experience the fashionable life with a bold, fun and refreshingly different Preview. Janine Gutierrez welcomes you to a technicolor summer for our very first color issue. Inside: We show you fashion and beauty's new favorite hues; meet our girl crushes Aira Medina and Erika Reyes; and revel in the local music scene’s vibrant beat. #JanineLovesPreview Photographed by Charisma Lico Styled by Daryl Chang Art direction by Vince Uy Makeup by Omar Ermita for MAC Cosmetics Hair by Ethan David Shot on location at Virgin Beach Resort, Laiya, Batangas Janine is wearing a swimsuit by Avel Bacudio
1. Using mobile App
My favorite! Either you are afraid to dye your hair or colors are not allowed in your work or even at home (strict parents, LOL! Mine too) but you are dying to try that unicorn hair color, then this one is the perfect must-try for you!
Makeup Plus is a versatile mobile app in terms of beauty fix; from instant make up selfies, buying on-trend make up products to their unique feature of hair dye. You can totally change your hair color in a snap. It can also help you decide which hair color fits you before making it into reality. What’s the best part? It’s FREE!
AFTER (Using FROZEN filter)
2. DIY Hair coloring
If you are experimental and willing to wait, DIY hair coloring is a choice you could make, plus it’s the cheapest. The only thing you have to consider here is that you must know the proper amount of mixture and the waiting time to achieve the color you want. It’s a little bit tricky but the result is fun! Just don’t forget to apply Keratin treatment afterwards especially if you’ll going to do bleaching because it dries hair.
This is actually what they do in salon. But of course with the word Do-it-yourself, you must learn the art of hair coloring and the right products to use for your hair to prevent damage. TIP: Don’t overdo bleaching, please.
Here’s a guide you could follow (Click Image)
3. Ready to Use Hair Coloring
From L’oreal to Revlon, and Liese to Lolane, these are easy-to-access and ready-to-use hair dyes. They can be conveniently bought in drugstores and supermarkets just add extra penny compared to DIY hair coloring but everything is provided.
TIP: To achieve the color labeled in the packaging, you must bleach your hair first. (You could also follow how from #2) But if you are afraid to do so, then be satisfied with darker version (if you have dark hair).
Here’s my Lolane Hair Dye experience (Click Image)
4. Using Wigs
This one is for the brave hearts! I never tried using wigs but I absolutely want to have a GO for this! I think it’s fun and sort of permanent (in terms of color because hair dying needs maintenance) among all. Advantages are: first, you don’t have to put whatever hair products in your hair that could damage it; second, you still can keep your original hair if you don’t want it to be touched or changed; and third, evenly-colored hair at your fingertips and variety of gorgeous hairs to choose from!
The new trend in wigs now is what they call “crochet hair” . From the name itself, the technique is derived from crocheting the wig to your real hair by first, doing a cornrow braid. The cornrow braid or “crochet braids” will serve as the base where in the synthetic crochet hair wig will be attached using a crochet needle. It’s a brilliant idea, right? Because this one is more durable method. And the prices are reasonable.
In addition, it can take a fraction of the time to install crochet braid hair compared to actually braiding or twisting all of your hair in the same style. There are tons of choices in styles, from pre-braided and twisted styles such as Box Braids, to wavy and curly styles like Deep Twist and Water Wave. And with so much variety in colors, you’re bound to find that perfect shade for you.
The most common crochet braid nowadays is the crochet senegalese twist because of its benefit. According to Natural Hair Rules website, “Senegalese Twists, or “rope twists” are one of the many protective styles for Afro-textured hair. Wearing protective styles help promote healthy hair growth while protecting your own hair from damage that could result from the environment, over manipulation, heat styling and daily styling habits.”
Here are my top 3 favorites from Divatress that I want to try ^_____^
1. Isis Collection Senegalese Bundle Braids – Rope Twist
2. Sensationnel African Collection Braids – Sweet Wave 12
3. FreeTress Braids – 2x Braid 101 28″
I feel so much #GirlPower on those hairs!
And now for the second cafe (here’s the first cafe), the smell of COFFEE AND PINE for dinner. We arrived around 7pm and it was perfectly quite, even med students sitting right next to us studies there, we are the only one who’s ruining the silence, Haha! Peace!
It was night time when we got there and I think I can’t fully appreciate the beauty of the place without the sunlight most especially the view from the balcony. There you’ll see what is Baguio City; mountains, clouds and of course, pine trees. But at night, it’s replaced by city lights. I guess it feels good if you’ll have your breakfast there? Hmmm ^_^.
The interior itself has an earthy concept; black and white with accents of green, brown, yellow, red and so we coordinated our OOTDs. The place is really good for people who wants to relax with “book and coffee” but the minus 1 for me, of course I’m a mother, is that the road leading/going there is risky. That night I was with my kid so I can’t just let him be carefree outside because it is already where the cars passes by.
I like that they have that service bell. The funny thing is that, when it rang, a staff run fast but weird that nobody is calling. Not just once but thrice, hmmm. Funny or scary? Haha I guess it was just a technical thingy, but at least they respond fast. They are also approachable to our never-ending, Papicture po! hehe And even we are done eating, they just let us take pictures. Thanks! #AuraTime LOL!
They have the BEST PESTO I had ever tasted, so far. Like I can eat another plate by myself but there’s pizza waiting for us in the apartment so we can’t be that full, #piggytime! And the next thing that really stuck in my head is their “Coffee and Pine Signature – Coffee Base Frappe”. The pesto and the frappe costs Php 170 each and I highly recommend them. I just forgot the exact taste and even the names; which is which, of the rest of the foods that we ordered but they taste good also, but still that two things I mentioned, they’re greeaat!
Ela, Krisha and Me – We’ve known each other since the days of submitting urine and stool (gross start, right? HAHA well, #nursinglife) for medical exam as we enter first year college. Coincidence or whatever, we just found out we belong in one section so from then we became friends to bestfriends.
As we go through college years, we separated sections. Ela and Krisha sticked together while I became close with our other classmates but I’m so glad that even we parted ways somehow due to our different schedules, we are still friends. Our first year first semester class has that sibling-barkada feels that I’m so proud to treasure.
The last picture I had with them was on our graduation day (2013) but lost it =(. Anyways, fast forward to 2017, when we had the chance to be together again, we took advantage of our free time and decided to CAFE HOP!!!
The interior defines its name. Cute, colorful and playful plus instagrammable, haha! One thing I’m impressed with the place is the painted mural, not just a sticky wallpaper but it is hand-painted. That gave them a 5 for me. I’m only to give 4 because when we entered, I thought it would be bigger but the effort to make the place personalized is something to appreciate. Maybe they could put some more tables outside? Just suggesting. And also, not a big deal, but somehow I find the exposed water jag and other stuffs for food preparation disturbing. Another unsolicited advice would be, I hope they could have a separate space where to put all stuffs and not to expose them in public for that clean ambiance on their counter space. ^_^
This is actually 4.5. The missing point is for “uniqueness”. There is nothing special about the service, like something that would separate them from the other cafes or restaurants I’ve been too. But the almost perfect score is due to their obvious cleanliness as you can see in the video above, they wear hair nets, just enough time to wait for the foods and approachable to our Aura Time; “Papicture po“. Haha They even clear the counter for us to take picture in it. Thank you! Hehe
So cute food presentation! The plates are artistic like you can even make them a display and the colorful breads, adorable ^_^. They’re yummy with that common taste you would expect from them but again, I’m looking for that…”Ang sarapppppp, supeeer” kind of feeling to give them a perfect 5. I recommend their freakshakes, by the way. Cold sweetness overload, #slurp.
Millineal hairstyle: Short, blonde with bangs plus climate change. I need a haircut and a dye! With several searches on Google for a target, I want a cut like this …
..and a haircolor like this. Maybe, the bangs will come sooner or later.
This will cost me like Php 3,000 or maybe more if I’ll let a salon do all the job. But that kind of digit is not included in our budget (#familylife ) so I decided to just go for the haircut and I’ll do the rest. Do-it-yourself hair dye time!
With these materials I bought in Divisoria, they only cost Php 280. See a big difference of just hundreds from thousands. But of course, you need effort for mixing, applying and all that stuff to fill in the money you saved.
- Prepare the basic materials. I just used what was available around because I’ll just throw them afterwards anyways. Bowl and spoon for mixing (empty plastic bottle and old plastic spoon), hair color applicator brush (bought it for only Php 60 at Pandayan bookshop, then gloves (can be just plastic bag, haha! Thrift at its finest), and old clothing as a cover for your body. Also, hair clips in dividing your hair.
- Mix the oxidizing milk developer and bleaching powder. According to the seller, I just have to mix 6 spoons of developer to 5 spoons of powder. But it was not enough so I doubled it, 11:10. He said that it is better to have more developer than the powder due to its coarse effect on hair. It is better to go enough and just add them when you need more rather than overdo it.
- Apply the mixture and wait for 30 minutes or more. The 11:10 ratio is the fair amount for my medium length hair, but if you have longer hair then double it again. I started applying from the bottom part of my head, roots to ends. You can do your own technique, whatever works for you. So for the first application, the seller said I’m going to wait for 30 minutes but if you want stronger color, then make it 1 hour which I did. The first application resulted to a rusty color so I have to apply again to achieve a more bleach hair. It took me 3 applications before I achieved my desired blonde color.
- Rinse with Keratin hair spa. Every after application, rinse hair with tap water then condition it with hair spa that contains keratin and/or argan oil. Every after apply-wait-rinse method, I let it settled in my hair for 1 day or more so the 3 applications took me a week before I went “ash”. Believe it or not, bleached hair are dry coarse hair at most but with the keratin hair spa, it was so soft like virgin hair. Swear! 2 spoons is enough, at least for my hair length.
- Apply the color cream. So after days of several bleaching, I needed a help to apply the color cream to make an evenly applied “ash blonde” color. Same process of #3 and #4. I only consumed 1 tube, by the way. Double or triple if you got longer hair.
Result!!!WHAT CAN YOU SAY?
Yas! I’ve been and will always be a LOYAL HELLO KITTY FAN.
And if you’re like me (or just loves #cutenessoverload) then it is a MUST to go here; the first “Official Hello Kitty Cafe in the Philippines”.
I became aware of the cafe when we went last May 7, 2017 in Uptown Mall to play at Kidzooona. I was so thrilled noticing it while filming but it was still under construction that time so I just followed them on Facebook and IG to get updated to when it will open.
And finally they had their VIP launch on July 10 with the Gonzaga Sisters, Jadine, and Lea Salonga then opened it to the public after 11 days. So when I got the chance just this October to at least drop by, I took the opportunity.
Unfortunately, we only had limited time to stay since our main agenda was to play at Kidzania which is just walking distance from Uptown Mall. We came their the moment it opened by 10 am so basically we are the first customers on that day.
Obviously, it’s aesthetically perfect. I don’t have to explain more on how the place looks like, the photos will speak for itself BUT my rating is only 4 / 5. Why? Because the smell of the cafe inside was so AWFUL. It smelled like a cleaned puke without using soap which is very disappointing. I don’t know why it’s like that? Maybe because they just opened? I really have no idea. Fortunately, their restroom has a glade gel air freshener but other than that, the interior had a bad odor. I have a thing for scents and a bad one would push me away but luckily, it’s my favorite character that is why I stayed but my family can’t take the smell so they just went outside. I hope they would improve on this thing. Maybe they could open the doors before shift starts to let the “bad air out and the natural air in” then use air purifier and scented oils, that would be a big help.
The guy at the entrance said “Goodmorning” to us as we entered and I commend him for that but the other stuffs, they seemed to be like they’re lack of energy or sleep. I expected a lot from them since they work under the name of one of the most famous character in the world… like a Disneyland-employee-kind-of-energy, you know? But my limited time of staying there is not enough to judge the whole service experience. At least some of them smiled on us. And FREE HK STICKERS are #lovelovelove.
Pricey, obviousy. I love their Matcha Green Tea Frappe or maybe because I just love matcha in whatever form, haha! But I’m happy that my kid also liked it. The L’opera cake is like 75% pure dark chocolate and 25% bread. It is bitter-sweet that I like it and actually, you can divide it into 4 and share! I guess it is best to eat it after eating their pasta which I’m looking forward to try when I have more time. Sadly, the Oreo profiterole got spoiled because I only had the chance to eat (sana) on the 3rd day (from purchasing it) because we were on a roadtrip; from Manila, we traveled straight to Baguio then Pangasinan and we always eat outside. Haays sayang…So i guess it would not last for days, so I highly recommend eat it right away! haha BUT! I’m impressed with the cake, it survived for 3 days without being inside the fridge so I still enjoyed the last bite! Bwahahaha!
Our children’s birthdays will always be a major event for us parents. The planning and preparation takes a lot of time and effort so you really need a helping hand as the manager on these kind of milestones, you know? “mommy duties-hashtag multitaskers”. And if you are a mother like me whose husband is away and with no nanny, then it is going to be a challenging one. “Happy stress”, it is what I call so here is a simple checklist to help you get through birthday party planning even though you are by yourself.
- BIRTHDAY THEME AND VENUE. Of course, it all should start with a vision of how your child’s party will look like and everything follows. Looking for a place as one-stop-shop where the venue and food is already there is a big help. PLAN AHEAD! Two months is an average and reserve as early as you can. Since my husband is not with me to prepare for the whole thing, we just decided to book a party in Jollibee (indoor/in store). Just like when my son had his first birthday with Jollibee (outdoor-home), I wanted to have another character combined. That was Jolly-town theme and Disney Cars BUT, now it is NOT ALLOWED anymore.
I was really sad because I wanted something unique and Jollibee’s themes are so generic. They said I can only choose from their themes and they are no longer entertaining any other character combined with Jollibee.
The theme that I chose was FUN-tastic Factory and I just combined it with RED-WHITE-BLACK CHECKERED color.
***IMPORTANT reminders that I guess you should know when you want to book a party in Jollibee.
- You can book via Jollibee’s website but I highly recommend you book party straight to their stores because one store and different from the other and it’s better to discuss your whole plan in personal. Also, you have a form to fill up, like a contract or what they call “Party Booking Form”.
- They require downpayment of at least Php 3000 for reservation.
- You can settle the total payment after the party but you can also fully pay the initial total.
- Appearance of 1 mascot is already included in the fixed party fee which I paid for Php 1850 (may differ from their website or other branch).
- Php 500 is charged for every 30 minutes extension after the 2-hour party.
- You can bring cake from outside which I did but it will not be distributed during the party. In short, for display only.
- You can bring your own lootbag or giveaway but again, in generic form and no well-known character.
The important things to consider in choosing a place is somewhere near your house or just within your town so whenever there’s an emergency, it will be easy access. And also, make sure that it is also accessible for guests to come. Unless you prefer a bigger party with a bigger venue that would require a farther location, then make sure EVERYTHING IS WELL PLANNED AND PREPARED. Best, hire a party planner which needs extra extra penny. But if you are just in an average budget, then just be ORGANIZE.
- BIRTHDAY PICTORIAL. Start with a good outfit because this will serve as your invitation photo. And also, this will be a hardcopy of his memory growing up.
Going for a photoshoot? Just drop by @smkidsfashion for your all-in-one little model style needs. #EverythingsHereAtSM #SMKidsMonth @supermoms_official @smsupermalls Check on my blog how it looks on my tod @teamvaleriojr (Link in bio😉) #sm #SMKids #kidsfashion #ootd #kidsootd #denim #SMKidsDenimCraze #clozette #kidsfashionistamodel #ootdmagazine
And of course, don’t forget a reliable and good photographer. Nowadays, it’s not that hard to find a nice photo studio but make sure it fits your budget – affordable yet gives you stunning pictures.
We had his pictorial at Pose and Play in Tarlac City. They kinda expensive (php 500 + is already expensive to me, hehe) but you get what you pay for.
- PARTY FOOD. The main event, haha. Be honest, c’mon. LOL. If you’ll have a party at home, it takes a lot of effort and human resources just like what we did with his first birthday. We purchased Jollibee foods for the kids and “lutong bahay” dishes for the adults – really exhausting. With in-store parties, you can just choose mainly from their food packages like in Jollibe but you can make your own food combination as well. Easy peasy, like pinpointing what you want to eat and they’ll do the rest.
- PARTY FAVOR. The flavor of the show. The decorations, balloons, host, entertainer, prizes, games and giveaways; they should really have to make your party happy and alive. With Veon’s second birthday, I just made an effort to his giveaway and again, the rest is in Jollibee’s.
- BIRTHDAY CAKE. This is the “spotlight” together with the birthday celebrant because of the candle blowing. Of course, it should really go with the theme. We requested for a customized cake from Jelexie and this is what it looks like.
It’s simple but at least it’s unique and it goes with the checkered thing.
- GIVEAWAYS.Part of party favors but should leave a memory to visitors. Some prefer them to be displayed like figurines but what I like is something that is useful like tumblers on his first and mason jars on his second.
- BIRTHDAY OUTFIT. Your kid should stand out! So put on that best OOTD he could wear. But actually, today’s trend is not just about the celebrant’s but the #twinning of parents and children – #millineals!