Few weeks from now, my child will be turning 2 and I just can’t imagine how time really flies so fast! And I have to keep up with it that is why I love taking photos because they are the only hardcopy of memories.
There’s a lot of ways on how to keep photos like in your smartphones, online storage, flask drives and hard drives but I still want the traditional one, a photo album. I want to have something that I can just pull out from the cabinet and look at it anytime.
As I was browsing the internet, ads pop out randomly and I saw this online store. It has variety of deals like really cheap deals and you’ll be afraid to take a risk because when it’s cheap, it’s scam but my friends told me it’s real. Why not give it a try? So I purchased the cheapest of them all. At least, if I’ll lose Php 20, it is not that painful. But at the end of all the doubts, it was all worth it and I was really happy with Metrodeal and Photobook.
It was a “dream came true” to make a photo album through Photobook Philippines because they’ve mastered keeping memories in a modern way. Plus, I got a steal deal for only 20 pesos instead of 1200 pesos. Yass! So let me share you how I got it for my #FlashbackFriday: When my kid turned one. I really miss this part of my kid’s life.
How to buy Metrodeal voucher?
- Go to Metrodeal website here.
- Type your desired brand. (e.g. photobook) then choose from the deals.
- If you want what I availed, just choose the boxed item shown in the image below.
- Click “Buy Now” then proceed with Option 1 that only costs Php 20 which would originally cost Php 1200. What a great deal, right?
- You can either easily sign up with your Facebook or just type your information.
- Afterwards, you’ll going this (image below) seeing your discount and modes of payment. Then click “Submit Order”.
- I chose paypal because it’s the easiest (at least for me). No need to type so much info, just click and done.
***There’s a note that you need to print the voucher and show it upon item delivery. But in my experience, I didn’t. The most important thing you need to do is read the Fine Print on your voucher.
Now, on the fun part. It’s time to design! But before you proceed, I strongly suggest to organize your photos fisrt. Make a folder for it and number it according to your desired order. So much OC-ness but this is going to help you save time and effort.
Personally, I finished the album for 2 days but I only worked at night because it is my only time. You can do it in a day provided that you followed my suggestion and you’re free the whole day. As far as I can remember, I spent like 6 or 8 hours in total.
How to redeem Metrodeal Photobook voucher?
- Register an account in Photobook here. Make sure you chose your country.
- Once logged in, go back to your voucher and activate your code within the validity period through the link provided under Fine Print. Remember that vouchers have expiry dates. For example, I purchased mine 2015-11-25 then it will expire on 2016-05-11 so that is 6 months. (If ever you can’t use it on time at least extend the validity before it expires. You can find that on Your Account > My Vouchers)
- Upon clicking the link, you see this and type what is needed. Your voucher code is at the upper right side of your voucher receipt.
- Afterwards, there will be a prompt that your “voucher is now activated”.
- Right away, you can “Start A Book” which is what you availed. The voucher is ONLY valid on your chosen voucher and not on any other item. If you like to do that, another payment will take place.
- For starters like me, choose Online Readybooks. This saves time and they are all well-designed. you can choose from varieties of their categories and again, make sure to match it from what you availed.
- Congruent to my tod’s birthday theme “Disney Cars”, I went to Baby and Kids then chose “Livin’ To High Gear”.
- Then proceed with Personalize >Sign In (Photobook’s Online Designer) then Start designing!
- You can do many awesome editings in their software. It is like Photoshop at its “easiest”. You can just follow the layout or modify, add icon from the theme, change background, and so much more. Just explore and experiment! It’s fun ^_^
- Once done, click Order on the upper right side then just Confirm and enter your Project Name. You can still see your projects if you want to duplicate or make another one/design.
- Just follow the command shown on the images below. Shipping fee for PH is Php 250.
- To get your voucher code, go to My Account > My Vouchers > Copy code > Paste on Redeem box. Once verified, your payment will turn into zero leaving only your shipping fee. You can pay either via Credit Card or Paypal.
- Since this is just a sample because I did not screenshoot my previous order, just proceed to Confirmation and just wait for the Ship Out and Tracking Number that will be sent to your email and you can also track it in their website. (My Account > Track My Order)
- In my case, It arrived to me after 7 days.
Before that, I was confused when the messenger called me that I got a package from Malaysia. Upon opening it, I was like…”really, this came all the way from Malaysia? Nice.” I don’t know, that’s the messenger told me. Maybe they have centralized production area.
I was really happy to see the outcome. The book was really pretty and it has a magazine-feels. I got more than what I paid for. It’s all worth it. Thank you Photobook Philippines and Metrodeal! Will be purchasing another one.
How about you, do you love keeping memories?